العودة سوالف للجميع > سوالف رياضه وسيارات > ســـوالف الــسيارات > durango 6.7
المشاركة في الموضوع
durango durango غير متصل    
كاتب فعال جدا جده  
المشاركات: 1,682
durango 6.7
Blower/Motor Build Up Has Begun!! As of 12/5.

To recap, the new R/T heads and port-matched 4bbl M1 are ported by FASTMAN, the Paxton supercharger with overdrive crank pulley, custom radiator, and intercooler are from GS Motorsports.!!

352hp, but have a useable 372hp.

First, let me make a confession of sorts. All this time I thought the hp numbers from the top end work I had done last year was 272 at the wheels. Well, turns out I was reading the dyno sheet wrong. The actual number was a consistent 253, because at the end of that run it peaked briefly to 272. This was confirmed when Bob Ida made a base run last week without the blower belt hooked up, the number was 250hp/298ft. lbs. torque (@ the wheels). So my apologies to those of you I unintentionally misled. :-)

The day of the first dyno runs at Ida Automotive was VERY hot, so the numbers were slightly under what I can realistically expect come cooler temps in the fall and once the stock PCM adjusts more to what the Perfect Power chip is telling it. That's right, NO MORE UniChip!!! It served me well but it was on to bigger and better things!! :-D

After about 8 dyno runs, my original numbers were:

345hp/470ft. lbs. torque at the wheels, very even over 4200-5200rpm, 8-9 lbs. boost. (Stock 5.9 motor w/AWD: about 175hp +/- at the wheels). This is a gain of 95hp/172 torque at the wheels in comparison to the top end results.

Based on Bob Ida's math and experience, I have to figure in a 30 percent drivetrain loss due to my D being AWD. What that equates to is approx. 490hp at the crank (490 x .70).

After a test drive, we noticed that the mid was lacking a little in throttle response and power so over the weekend Bob is going to do some fine tuning of the new piggy-back chip for that area of the power band.

Additionally, these runs were made with the air cleaner off. I had put on a cheapo small round filter temporarily because I ran out of time to fab something up with an Intense Performance 9" Big Mouth. For those of you who think that a good quality high flow air filter/induction kit is a waste of money....... get this: There was an astounding 32hp difference between the runs with the filter on and off. Sure, my motor is craving air right now but still, that's a huge gap.

I had the pleasure of doing the dyno runs myself and let me tell ya, it's the oddest sensation to look at the gauges, see the truck doing 115mph @ 5500rpm in 3rd gear and not moving an inch!!! :-)

After putting our heads together, Bob and I both realized that there is no way for me to fit a 3.5" tube with the IP filter on this motor based on the new location of the TB. There's plenty of room on the passenger side of the bay, but things are super tight on the driver's side. So, they are going to custom fab an air box for me out of polished aluminum that will mate right up to the driver's side scoop on my AAR hood, using a flat style filter. So unfortunately no more cone filter for me, which kinda stinks as I love the look and sound of it...... not to mention what John Watkin's kit (www.intenseperformance.com) did for the motor performance wise. But for my application, I need the large surface area and high flow in a smaller space to give the motor what it requires........... lots of air!!

I should see an approximate increase of another 10-15hp at the wheels and maybe a little closer to the 500lbs mark on the torque side. (Thank goodness I had my tranny beefed up!!). Plus I'll be going back in the fall to do some more adjustments.

This whole process has been long awaited and expensive to boot. But nothing compares to an expertly tuned motor running the way it should be, and within it's acceptable tolerances. I could have easily run a smaller pulley to get more boost, in the area of maybe 12-14lbs which would have put me at my dream of cracking 400hp. But hey, I don't want to go through the un-needed expense right now or even down the road of rebuilding this motor or having to buy a new one because I was ignorant of what it can realistically handle.

للترجمه..

EMO

durango غير متصل قديم 02-02-2005 , 06:51 PM    الرد مع إقتباس
Imaj Imaj غير متصل    
منع من الكتابة أرض الروك أن رول  
المشاركات: 2,305

السالفة قوية.. أنا ما قريته إلى الآن بأنسخه وأقراه بعدين..

لكن محرك الماجنوم ليس بقوة الهيمي.. لو كان هذا التعديل على الهيمي كان تخطوا 450 حصان سلام سلام..

Imaj غير متصل قديم 02-02-2005 , 08:31 PM    الرد مع إقتباس
300C 300C غير متصل    
عضو نشيط جدا الرياض  
المشاركات: 729

يعطيك العافية اخوي على الموضوع
وعلى قوله ايماج لو كان على هيمي وصل 400 بالراحة

300C غير متصل قديم 02-02-2005 , 09:17 PM    الرد مع إقتباس
Imaj Imaj غير متصل    

بل يتخطون 450 حصان.. لأن الهيمي 6.1 يستخرج 425 حصان وفي هذه السيارة زادوا محرك الماغنوم إلى 6.7..

Imaj غير متصل قديم 02-02-2005 , 09:35 PM    الرد مع إقتباس
RED Chevy RED Chevy غير متصل    
مراسل سباق السيارات البحرين  
المشاركات: 7,667

شكله روعه واحلى من الجديد بكثير...

RED Chevy غير متصل قديم 03-02-2005 , 05:45 AM    الرد مع إقتباس
durango durango غير متصل    
كاتب فعال جدا جده  

مشكورين شباب على مروركم...

و صحيح لو كان المحرك هيمي كانت النتيجه احسن بكتير...

لكن حتى الماجنوم لايستهان به...

EMO

durango غير متصل قديم 03-02-2005 , 06:22 AM    الرد مع إقتباس
comondor--GTSR comondor--GTSR غير متصل    
كاتب فعال المملكة العربية السعودية = جدة غير  
المشاركات: 1,540

ياخي ماطوووووووووووووووور 6.7 و 450 حصان بس

قووووووووووول 600 معقولة

ياسلام على الجابنييييييييييز

comondor--GTSR غير متصل قديم 03-02-2005 , 10:00 AM    الرد مع إقتباس
Imaj Imaj غير متصل    

^^^
ردك عظيم جداً وأظهر فهمك الخارق لصناعة السيارات..

نسأل الله العافية..

Imaj غير متصل قديم 03-02-2005 , 12:41 PM    الرد مع إقتباس
زورو الامارات زورو الامارات غير متصل    
عضو شرف الإمــارات-- دبي  
المشاركات: 3,690

إقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية بواسطة comondor--GTSR

قووووووووووول 600 معقولة

كلامك معقول 450 حصان ماتسوي شي على هالوحش وهالسعه

زورو الامارات غير متصل قديم 03-02-2005 , 01:19 PM    الرد مع إقتباس
TOP-SECRET TOP-SECRET غير متصل    
مبدع فائق التميز قطــــــــــــــــــ الخيرــــــــــــر  
المشاركات: 8,154

إقتباس:
المشاركة الأصلية بواسطة comondor--GTSR

قووووووووووول 600 معقولة

يكفي النيسان باترول فتيك 4.8 مع كت تيربو بن سليم بوست وكاله يوصل 450 :knight:

ياارجال سيبك منهم

TOP-SECRET غير متصل قديم 03-02-2005 , 01:49 PM    الرد مع إقتباس
TOP-SECRET TOP-SECRET غير متصل    
مبدع فائق التميز قطــــــــــــــــــ الخيرــــــــــــر  
المشاركات: 8,154

نسيت اقولك يعطيك الف عافيه على الموضوع

TOP-SECRET غير متصل قديم 03-02-2005 , 01:56 PM    الرد مع إقتباس
durango durango غير متصل    
كاتب فعال جدا جده  

ارجوكم يا شباب....

مالها داعي النجره و الحنه.

لا تنسون ان السياره اس يو في..و ماهي مصنوعه للشي دا

على العموم مشكورين على مروركم..

EMO

durango غير متصل قديم 03-02-2005 , 05:20 PM    الرد مع إقتباس
المشاركة في الموضوع

[عرض نسخة للطّباعة عرض نسخة للطّباعة | ارسل هذه الصفحة لصديق ارسل هذه الصفحة لصديق]

الانتقال السريع
   قوانين المشاركة :
لا بإمكانك إضافة موضوع جديد لا بإمكانك إضافة مشاركات جديدة لا بإمكانك إضافة مرفقات لا بإمكانك تعديل مشاركاتك
كود في بي vB متاح الإبتسامات متاح كود [IMG] متاح كود HTML متاح

لمراسلتنا - شبكة سوالف - الأرشيف