PDA

View Full Version : Speeches & Articles ( في خطابات ومقالأت وكتابات )

الأسد الخجول
04-09-2007, 05:10 AM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

لنبدآ معنآ الدرس الأول من خطابات ومقالأت وكتابات للتقوية في اللغة الأنجليزية. ستحتوي المواضيع ,كما ذكرنا, معلومات عامة وعبارات وكلمات عملية وأيضآ تنوع شامل في علم النحو والصرف الأنجليزي.

أسم الكتاب المستخدم: The Advanced Grammar Book
أسماء المؤلفين: Jocelyn M. Steer & Karen A. Carlisi

People have always told me that I am an adaptable person, when I came to the united
States to study, I found out that I am not as adaptable as I seem . I had already studied six
years of English before I left my country, Indonesia . I had been studying conversational
English with an American teacher for about a year before I left . So I really didn't ]

expect to have any problems communicating with Americans . I thought to
myself "I will just go to my classes and learn everything I can . Then by the time I

."pass the TOEFL,I will pass the exam and then enter the local university for my M.B.A

Well, I really wasn't ready for my first months here. At the first orentation at the

English school, the Americans were talking to me so fast that all I did was smile meeting

and nod. I still don't know what they said to me! I had

more suprises ; my accent was hard to understand, I didn't like the American food at the

cafeteria, the pace in the city was too fast. But the biggest surprise was my progress in
.English, I didn't get into the university right away

I am still studying Englsih. In fact, I've been studying for two semesters now. If all goes

as planned, I'll be entering the M.B.A. program next semester. I'll have been living in the
United States for an entire year by then. for an entire year by then. I am able to
understand just about everything, and most people understand me. But guess
! what? I'm still not used to American food

الترجمة لبعض العبارات والكلمات التى في النص:-

(Adaptable): صفة تطلق على شخص له القدرة والقبلية على التكيف مع الظروف المتغيرة.

مثال: . I am sure she'll cope with the changes very well, she's very adaptable

(Orientation Meeting / Session): يوم يخصص للطلأب لتعريفهم على تسيهلأت/ خدمات ونشاطات الجامعة أو المؤسسة التعليمية.

مثال: . I have already attended the orientation meeting at the new college

(Accent): اللهجة اللغوية.

مثال:.He has a British accent

لنبدأ معآ ( للمتقدمين ومحبي اللغة الأنجليزية ) (http://www.swalif.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228494)

Um-Shahad
13-09-2007, 12:57 AM
Good start bro.

but it seems that there are some mistakes or i didn't understant what you

ment by saying " Then by the time the TOEFL I will

enter "the local university for my M.B.A" ?

but for the translation is very good, and was proved with simple examples.

keep up hard work :)

الأسد الخجول
13-09-2007, 04:46 AM
,Dear Sister Umshahad

Ramadan Mubarak, I apologize for the wrong written sentence, I didn't notice. I thought
.the article was written correctly before I typed in here

.Next time I will double check

. I appreciate your help

,Regards

Um-Shahad
13-09-2007, 12:11 PM
,Ramadan Mubarak

.You don't have to apologize brother. it's alright

I’d like to tell you an interesting story happened to me while I was studying in a
.university in United Arab Emirates

In my first year in the UAE university, we- students had to take four basic subjects
.which were Arabic, English, Math, and Computer

One day, our teacher of the Arabic subject told us that Muslims these days gain more Ajer
! Rewards from Allah ) than our Muslim ancestors)

In his opinion, we believe in Allah, and his prophet Mohammed without seeing them
! through ages

. I am not sure if he really meant what he had told us or not

:) He looked like Charlie Chaplin

الأسد الخجول
15-09-2007, 10:58 AM
,Dear Sister Umshahad

The instructor could be right , at the present time, temptation is
.surrounding us everywhere

I guess think If we were born in the time of the prophet Mohammad peace upon him, we

.would be stronger in faith than now

For such a reason, your university teacher assumed that Allah may have been giving us
greater rewards than those muslims who lived before us, but still no one can take it for
.granted

Best Regards

Um-Shahad
15-09-2007, 04:01 PM
,Dear Brother Shy Lion

You’re right, but we have to think more about Allah, just as we see everything around us
.There must be only one creator for all of these living beings and including ourselves

Traveling could be a great help to reflect our thoughts about Islam and everything
. else is related to it